Everyone wants to live a healthy life and one of the best ways to do that is through meditation. Many people who meditate find relief for stress, pain, anxiety, depression and even high blood pressure. However, there are different forms of meditation with some being more popular than others. One of these is called Irest Meditation which has several benefits you can enjoy. Keep reading to learn more about this type of meditation and its many benefits.
Is a full body relaxation technique where you lay on the floor or any firm surface while closing your eyes or just focusing on your breathing pattern. It works by putting your mind in a state known as “alpha brainwave” which happens during early childhood when you’re just playful and creative but not stressed. During this state, your mind becomes highly relaxed and the body feels like it’s floating on air, which is why meditation using the Irest Method can also be called “floating meditation.”
Another benefit of Irest Meditation is that it works to reduce physical pain by triggering the release of endorphins in the body known as the hormone of pleasure, well-being and euphoria. This not only gives you mental relaxation but emotional calmness as well. The good news about this type of meditating is that you don’t have to sit or join a group to do it because all you need is enough 15 minutes time frame each day, closing your eyes and laying down in a low light area making sure not to fall asleep while laying flat out.
You can take advantage of Irest Meditation and its benefits by doing it daily. While focusing on your breathing pattern, try to relax as much as possible and let all the tension go away until you feel like your body is floating along with no worries, anxieties or fears. Doing this for just 15 minutes at least once every day will give you a peaceful mind and relaxing time suitable for anyone who wants to live a healthier life.
The following are the many benefits of Irest Meditation:
- If you have chronic pain, such as lower back pain, fibromyalgia or even arthritis, doing Irest Meditation for just 10 to 20 minutes each day can greatly help manage your physical discomfort.
- Improved focus and concentration are some other benefits that come with practising Irest Meditation.
- Doing Irest Meditation also promotes mental clarity by clearing your mind of any stress, anxiety, doubt or fear while at the same time activating brain cells to allow better communication between them, which allows for faster processing of information into memory. This makes it easier to absorb new information quickly and then recall that information when needed.
- It helps release dopamine into the bloodstream which is the neurotransmitter that has a role in learning, memory, attention and focus.
- Lastly, doing Irest Meditation for just 15 minutes each day can help increase your self-confidence while at the same time making you happier because of its ability to increase serotonin levels in the brain.
With all these amazing benefits of practising this simple meditation method anytime and anywhere you want, what are you waiting for? Start doing Irest Meditation today!